martes, 20 de mayo de 2014

One more photo of my plate! Psycho!!!


Photos of your Favorite Food for Others to See: 

Yeah, we have done it due to the fact that everybody else is doing it on the social net, so I will do it to.

I have done it myself, a few times, then it was not amusing for me any more, after I notice the photos of others, the constancy, and how much information I was getting about them with their own food pics, some nice photos, and others so gross, so I quit it.


But... why do people really post photos of food, specially their own plates, at restaurants, of what they cook or what simply they are about to eat?

10 Reasons Why We post Photos of Food:


  1. I eat healthy: Some like to show how healthy they eat. You will find photos of food recommended by “The Health Department”. But when you take a look at some of them, you end up questioning their diet, because it looks like is not working at all.



  2. I can afford it: Vanity to show how much money their food cost. “I have money so I go to very expensive restaurants and I order a ‘gourmet piece of lettuce’ with three drops of exotic dressing and I just paid $350.00 (us) for my dinner. I’m better than you!” Their plate photo will show... the three drops of the exotic dressing.



  3. I can cook: To show off they are great cooks. But not all of their photos are as good as they think they are as cooks.                      Kinki Stuff

  4. Promoting their favorite food: Others will simply promote what they love to eat. But... would you like to eat my boiled hard salted eggs inside my bowl of frosted flakes with milk? Their photos will show stuff that you not necessarily like. 

  5. Promoting a good restaurant: They will simply try to convinced you that it worth to go to that restaurant. But, do you like what they like? The catch of the day an iguana soup.

  6. I wish I could eat it: These are the photos of “forbidden” food for some people because it will hurt them more in their weight problem. It’s their struggle and sometimes their secret eating disorder. 


  7. Look what my husband cooked for me today: This one is done by wives, duh! It’s their way to let the planet know their husbands are a rare kind, because, they are not supposed to cook? They have the best husbands in the world? Or it’s the only good thing their husbands do for them? Or maybe, is to show that at home your husband does exactly how you tell him.

  8. Gluttony: These are the people that are posting constantly about food, talk about food and their lives is about eating. Food is the center of their lives. Thinking about the idea of not having enough food will drive them nuts and bananas. They will really go coconuts on this!


  9. My wife cooked: These will post what their wives cooked for them, not to show how talented and caring their wives are, but to let the W.W.W. (whole wide world) know they are very Macho because they eat better than you, the other macho they are posting for.

  10. I’m what I eat: These are the photos of the people that they know how bad the food could be for their health in terms of calories, cholesterol, saturated fats, etc. but they will go ahead  and eat it because they simply don’t care, about their health, about their looks and definitively about your opinion.

Food is the way we unite as humans, it’s part of our cultural geography, is part of our daily life, all humans have to eat. Some will eat more than others, others will eat less and unfortunately others will have nothing to eat at all.


Whatever your case is, be aware that the photo of food that you are posting today on your favorite social network, is saying a thousand words about who you are.


Be happy, be healthy, be safe, be free... be you!
Bori Planeta

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario